Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By TomAhola
#56422 FYI The flash manufacturer and device IDs are defined here:
http://code.coreboot.org/p/flashrom/sou ... ashchips.h

Myself I have AI-Thinker ESP-12 with 32Mbit 4Mbyte GIGADEVICE GD25Q32
and I'm trying to figure out if the size is 32Mbit or 32Mbit-C1
because there seems to be different firmware for those:

### Flash size 32Mbit: 512KB+512KB
user1.1024.new.2.bin 0x01000

### Flash size 32Mbit-C1: 1024KB+1024KB
user1.2048.new.5.bin 0x01000

any idea what is the difference between those two sizes and/or firmwares?

Tom
By flagtrax
#56538 I've seen the reference you speak of, and am curious myself, without finding anything about it. I can say that the ESP-12's I've used I selected 32mb with success.
By ruben2rl
#63646 Hi Martin,

I'm very new to all of this, I came across to this forum looking for info on how to flash a Bergmicro, you seem to now about this so please could you give me some advice.

I have a DLP pico projector UNIC UC-50 which contains a Bergmicro 25Q32ASSIG. I flashed the wrong firmware and now I want to find out what I need to flash this chip again. I can't find any info saying that the CH431A will flash this chip. Nor I found any info saying that Flashroom is compatible the bergmicro. You are leaving a link here to make the arduino recognise the Bermicros. I don't know what are my real options and what should I buy with confidence.

I don't want to de-solder the chip from the board so what can I use to flash this chip? Could you point me to the right combination of hardware + software I should use? I can find concrete information through google, probably because all of this is new to me

Many many thanks!!
By martinayotte
#63679 I don't understand well you question ...
If you use Arduino sketch, you should be able to flash the BergMicro simply by choosing the right flash size.
The esptool doesn't care if it is a BergMicro or a Winbond chip.
Almost all flash chips are using same protocol to upload firmware.