Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By dayzman
#14859 According to the wiki wiki/doku.php?id=esp8266-module-family the ESP-12 is claimed to be certified. But we all know that there's no onboard regulator, so how could it be approved? Also, there's no FCC ID printed on it.

cheers
Last edited by dayzman on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By RichardS
#14869 I am still thinking its FCC'd but they pulled a fast one as I am looking at FCCing mine and the labs ALL tell me it needs an onboard regulator....

and

Are you telling me there are not labeling them with the correct FCCID, that is another requirement....

Actually thinking about it, you do not need the onboard reg if you go not want the licence transfered to your product, onboard reg is only a requirement if you want the new product with the wifi module in it to have the FCC ID transfered. The new product still needs its on radiated and conducted tests, but not for intentional radiation....

Confused yet???? :-)

Richard.
By dayzman
admin wrote:Actually thinking about it, you do not need the onboard reg if you go not want the licence transfered to your product, onboard reg is only a requirement if you want the new product with the wifi module in it to have the FCC ID transfered. The new product still needs its on radiated and conducted tests, but not for intentional radiation....

Without having the licensed transferred to the final product, doesn't it need an intentional radiator test which costs a lot more than an unintentional radiator test.

On top of that, without the FCC ID printed on the module, the certification isn't recognised by FCC.

cheers
Last edited by dayzman on Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.