Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By TImoth
gvl wrote:To anyone having the same issue, make sure that your device is powered by a 3.3V power source capable of sourcing at least 200 mA of current. Also, remember to add a 10uF or so capacitor on the rails, and position the ESP8266 as close to the capacitor as possible. I was having the above issue too until I added the capacitor; now everything is rock solid.

If that still doesn't work, then reflashing might be a good idea.

I had the same problem, a 10uF capacitor did the work. Now it works well.
Thanks dude, you made my day !
By Sille
#62351 Hey,

many people struggling with this problem, there are bunch posts in the internet. In my case I bought 4 modules and two shew this behaviour. One from the early beginning and the second after a while. Powering the module from external source, capacitors and reflashing never solved the problem. I guess there is something else. I want to point out that there some modules which are damaged and sometimes you will waste your time trying to fix it. I´m really disappointed from time to time having issues like this one.

Good Luck :)
By gnkarn
#69063 im experiencing the same problem,
i can add, that the im able to load any program into the module, erase the flash to zero , in this case i receive the wright message ,
after i load a new sketch, it allways ends , with a continuous loop , where you can see the Fatal exception (0):
epc1=0x4021d124, epc2=0x00000000, epc3=0x00000000, excvaddr=0x00000000, depc=0x00000000

message ,
nothing seams to work to solver the problem