Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Henrique Miranda
#72309 Only for feedback and knowledge of all friends of this community, i got the same error of "Fatal Exception" on mi D1 mini board what have an esp-12f built-in.
With me, this erros begins when i tried to flash the micropython firmware, after that i got an blue led on d1 mini board. Trying to fix the problem i flashed the AT firmware, and nodeMCU too, with all firmwares my board worked fine but when i flash an arduino sketch(anyone, e.g blink) i turn to get a blue led again and module not work anymore, no wifi, no get ip, no blink, just a blue led.
Solution:
With a Multimeter i tested all components of d1 mini board and all components are ok, Caps, resistors, 3v3 reg.
By lucky I have more 2 good esp-03 module too and to fix my problem i switched the esp8266 IC of my es-03 to my D1 mini board, not need to remove esp-12f of D1mini board if you have an aluminium foil tape to isolate the plastic pins, just isolate all plastic pins from hot air gun and remove the cap of the es12f module. Now you will see the esp8266 IC. If you have good experience with SMD solder, will be easy to solder an new esp8266 IC, if you have not, dont try this beacouse you probally will brick your module, in this case is more easy buy a new one.
i just changed the esp8266 ic and now i can flash arduino scketchs again lo/
I think its will help someone.
By Ravi S Kashi
lutschc7 wrote:Just got this error. I'm using a WeMos D1 mini and the arduino IDE. The funny thing is that this error came about after I changed one thing:

The WiFiAP password. It worked fine with one password "sparkfun2" but did not work with another "chris123". I have tried this many times. Along with the fatal exception error, it prints out

ctx: cont
sp: 3ffef7c0 end: 3ffefd20 offset: 01a0

>>>stack>>>

and then a whole list of HEX under the header

Pretty weird.

I am seeing the exact same thing. Of course my SSID and Pass are different. I wonder what could be so wrong here :-) I have tried this many times before and it had no issue. Only now.