Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By forlotto
#32281 Post high quality pics of you solder joints another user swore everything was good and was getting errors similar to this and it turned out his solder job was not as good as he had thought ....

Errr but maybe not I believe the esp01 was pins if I recall correct IDKS

I guess either way the moral of the story is check your connections check your connections check your connections ;)

Aside from that I wish you the best.
By Touliloup
#32296 Same here, I've realised a custom PCB with an ESP8266 ESP12E on it. The first on worked without problem, I could program it and the program run as expected (for 2 weeks now).
I than assembled a second board last weekend, it's exactly the same component as the first one and sourced from the same sellers but it just keep throwing exception. The code is also exactly the same. I'll try to rework the solder to see if it improve anything...

Is there a way to know with which part of the code this address epc1=0x4021058c is referring to?
By lutschc7
#39921 Just got this error. I'm using a WeMos D1 mini and the arduino IDE. The funny thing is that this error came about after I changed one thing:

The WiFiAP password. It worked fine with one password "sparkfun2" but did not work with another "chris123". I have tried this many times. Along with the fatal exception error, it prints out

ctx: cont
sp: 3ffef7c0 end: 3ffefd20 offset: 01a0

>>>stack>>>

and then a whole list of HEX under the header

Pretty weird.
By javo
gvl wrote:To anyone having the same issue, make sure that your device is powered by a 3.3V power source capable of sourcing at least 200 mA of current. Also, remember to add a 10uF or so capacitor on the rails, and position the ESP8266 as close to the capacitor as possible. I was having the above issue too until I added the capacitor; now everything is rock solid.

If that still doesn't work, then reflashing might be a good idea.

Where exactly should be the capacitor?