Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By martinayotte
tytower wrote:This guy obviously cant accept that he might be wrong in calling me wrong . Go whichever way you want, but high or floating are definately correct and no-one is wrong . I am fed up with his stupidity-same post four threads

Ehhhh ! Guy, look and re-read my post !!! I've never flamed you, I have simply stated the true about facts and basic that any electronics engineers agree with. I'm part of those, NOT you ! Simply go back to school to learn those basics. If I posted four time the same things, it is simply because you have posted so many time the wrong argument that GPIO2 should NOT be pulled-up but left floating, you even pushed your argument saying we need to change this Wiki Boot Process table to put an X instead of H, for which I prove it to you yesterday that X means I can decide to put it to L without any effect. Who is REALLY WRONG here ?
You says that I have posted "stupidity" ? Ask real engineers to see if what I posted has any thing wrong, prove it !
And ask yourself about you own posts if they are stupid such the following :

tytower wrote:If I wire up 2 1.5 volt batteries in series I get 5 volts
If I wire up 2 more and put them in parallel you will find that an acceptable 5 volt supply

First 2x1.5V != 5V, Secondly, I hope you never did that with Lithium batteries in parallel ! You can ignite fire in your house !
And here is another one from viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3533&p=21359&hilit=arduino.cc#p21359 :
You will have to add an interupt somewhere . See Arduino.cc interupts.

Did you ever think that the UART is also in Sleep Mode ?
By dsvilko
#21980 Bump?
Are my two ESP-12 defective or have I forgotten something? I am willing to accept that I may have damaged gpio0 on one module by momentarily connecting it to +5V (while the VCC was 3.3V) but I don't think I have mistreated the other module in any way. Unfortunately I don't know of a simple and safe way to remove the shielding to check is everything soldered correctly.
I did manage to get a ESP-01 (with deep-sleep wakeup modifications ;) and a ESP-12 from another source (with a white breakup board) working without much trouble so hopefully I did learn something about hooking them up correctly.
Is there anything more I can try? Does anyone have a link to AT firmware I could try flashing in case there is a problem with nodemcu?
Thanks!
By j0hncc
#21991 If I understand correctly from "up-thread", the module seems to flash without error (GPIO0 low), but it doesn't run (GPIO0 high).
In that case, what exactly did you flash onto it? (AT? Nodemcu? SDK app? Sming app?)