Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Stoney
#24860 You know I thought I could edit posts originally but had not found a way to do it lately. I thought that was only a report button, obviously not tried on my own posts.
Thanks ..
changed title and first post..
By tytower
#25729 Phil that's a common problem and I saw that too on my ESP12's but setting it up again and rebooting usually sent it away. They would then hang a bit into the upload and then the third try would go through fine and I was able to use the top UART speed.
By Stoney
#25903 I have used a cheap CP2102 5v data level usb-rs232 converter with no hassles apart from being limited to 115k.
You have done something incorrect there.

ok, I thought the blue LED was on a separate I/O to the TX pin, however it is not, it is active low .. so i suspect you are either shorting the TX pin to ground or somehow getting it to continually reboot, in which case I expect the LED would be flickering somewhat.
Getting the RX and TX pin mixed up will not cause the LED to be on as the RS232 is idle high so the LED would be off even if the 2 TX lines are connected.