Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By rajbadri
martinayotte wrote:
alonewolfx2 wrote:uln2003 driving direct 230v? is it right?

I hope not, since ULN2003 or ULN2803 are rated for 500mA/50VDC maximum. Also, they are driving DC not AC.
It should only drive the relay coil with DC, which I hope in this case is lower, something like 12VDC or 24VDC.

the uln2003 is driving the relay 5v dc
By Barnabybear
rajbadri wrote:can somebody please guide me where to put the fuse .Should i put it between the line and neutral ac terminals?

Hi, yes you are correct. It should go in the AC LINE (never the neutral) and be of a value that will protect the lowest current carring item in the circuit. That may be the relay, the cable connecting the lamp or any switches.

just for reference the schematic is not correct - you need to look at the relay connections again.
By sergio2015
rajbadri wrote:can somebody please guide me where to put the fuse .Should i put it between the line and neutral ac terminals?

Hi,

It may be an English interpretation issue, but anyway I feel the need to enforce that a FUSE does *not* go between Line and Neutral. ~That configuration will just blow/test your fuse.

A Fuse goes in the Line (main, positive, live) .

----------[~~~~~FUSE~~~~]---------- LINE
|
Device
|
-------------------------------------------- NEUTRAL

Another suggestion is, an really excuse me for that, be really aware of working with 230V AC if you do not really know how to deal with it. It is not a mater of just your personal safety, but also the safety/life of people that may be near the device your are making.

BR,

Sergio