Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By uhrheber
uhrheber wrote:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ESP8266- ... 33472.html

I received the board yesterday.
Tried to get the board running with the Android app, but couldn't, because the board comes preconfigured with a password protected AP, and I couldn't find the password anywhere. So I flashed NodeMCU and played around with the LEDs.

The board has:
- ESP-12 module (with blue LED at TX)
- pin headers for all pins of the ESP-12 (standard pitch 0.1")
- 3.3V regulator
- extra 3 pin header for RxD/TxD/GND
- jumper to connect GPIO0 to ground (to enter flashing mode, all other GPIOs are already at the right level via resistors)
- 6 red LEDs
- 1 RGB LED (and spare pads to use 3 0603 LEDs instead)
- a battery holder (3xAA) soldered to the board
- 1 LDR connected to the ADC input

Flashing worked flawlessly (the board comes with the flash mode jumper already installed). I used a CP2104 board for the USB to serial conversion.

I think this is a nice little board to get you started, but still cheap enough to use it in a permanent IoT device.
Just connect some sensors/relays/buttons/LEDs/buzzers/whatever with jumper cables and you have a nice unique solution without soldering a single wire.
By MeNoGeek
#6448 Thanks for the review!
uhrheber wrote:board comes preconfigured with a password protected AP, and I couldn't find the password anywhere.
Did you try these instructions from the AliEpress listing?
3 Replace the battery, mobile search to a network router AI-THINKER
4 join the router (the router module form) password is: ai-thinker
By Fr4gg0r
#6459 I finally received my ESP12.
Out of curiosity I removed the shielding, and look what I found: a solder bridge between two pins. :/
I have not tested the module yet, I will try to remove the bridge first.

Edit: my second module has the same solder bridge. Is it intended?
Edit2: I removed the image, as both pins are VDD3P3