Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By ranhaber
MaxSchulz2 wrote:
My esp12 won't work either. For flashing I'm pulling GPIO0 and GPIO15 down; CH_PD is always high as I connected it to Vcc with 10k resistor in between.
Flashing works without any problems. I'm flashing the current Lua firmware and with GPIO0&15 low, unplug the module once it's done, unplug GPIO0 and GPIO15 and restart it. Lua Uploader seems to send messages as the USB to serial converter flashes, but I don't get any response. All my esp1 work; this is the second esp12 that ain't working...

How to set GPIO0 and GPIO15 once I want to programm the module, after flashing the firmware? I have them floating.

Does anybody have the same problem? All connections seem to be soldered properly as I checked it a couple of times with the voltage meter... Thank you very much!

GPIO0 down only when programing. (can be left floating after)
GPIO15 always down both normal and programing.
By biobier
#8575 Hi all! I'm going to start with the ESP-12 but would like to work on it with a breadbord without soldering. Is anyone using it in that way? Some pictures would be great!
EDIT:
Ok just saw the other thread about the pins of ESP-12.