Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Eyal
#34284 @dynek, as I mentioned, my interval is either 1m (1,000,000) or 5m (5,000,000).
The timing is very consistent, at least when using SDK 1.4.0. I use the nodeMCU lua firmware rather than the raw SDK but the issue is probably the same.

In your case I would measure the time across, say, 48 readings (about two days) and set a factor that makes this period show as 48 hours. I expect that the timing will then show periods when it is fast and others where it is slow, I clearly see it between the 10dC temperature at night and 30dC later in the day. The adjustments I made a few months ago are now not good (as summer rushes in) and I will need to readjust. one could, of course, do temperature compensation but I do not need such accuracy.

cheers
By dynek
#34285 Oops, you are right, 1m or 5m :-)

I'll add the factor and try playing with this a little bit more.

Odd thing is, it used to work rock solid with different power supply :?
By Eyal
#34286 Absolutely. I also found the timing sensitive to power so I use a good source (through a stable LDO) with a good cap to smooth it. Makes a big difference.