Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By sascha.sepp
#34212 Hey Folks, i have some issues to setup and communicate with my Esp8266-01.
I have a CP2102 Usb-to-TTL converter from Silicon Labs (Currentmax=500mA) and connected the Vcc Output (on the underside) of it to 3.3V, which I measured postively at the Esp. The power Led ist constantly red.To upload the latest firmware i follwed this guide: http://www.xess.com/blog/esp8266-reflash/
Therefor i connected the pins the Esp as follwed:
TX(ESP8266) to RX(CP2102)
CH_PD via 1k resistor to Vcc
RST via 1k resistor to Vcc
Vcc(ESP8266) to 3.3V(CP2102)
GND(ESP8266) to GND(CP2102)
GPIO0 to GND(CP2102)
RX(ESP8266) to TX(CP2102)
I uploaded the firmware, which is given in the Tutorial with the listed flasher. The blue LED on the ESp was flashing during this process and the USB-to-TTL Connector was listed in the DeviceManager.
The problem is, when i unplug the USB-to-TTL connector from the USB hub, remove the connection GPIO0 to GND(CP2102) to get into normal mode and plug the connector into the USB hub, the USB-to-TTL converter doesnt show up in the device manager and therefor i cant select any COM Port to communicate via Putty. I get the "PlugIn-Sound" of windows when is plug it in but don't see anything. Did i missunderstood something with the needed connections? Please help me. :?