Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Ouss4
#34301 Hi guys,
I've been playing a bit with my ESP8266 module, reading the datasheet and trying some AT commands through an Arduino board, and I came across this "AT+UART=9600,8,1,0,3", which sets, among others, the flow control to RTS/CTS.
I've kind of did it without thinking twice, but now, the module isn't responding at all. And this is because the Arduino doesn't have the flow control in its UART.

So, is there a way to undo it ?
I've tried several times to flash the module with different softwares, but I couldn't, XTCOM_UTIL gives me a error code : 5.

Do you guys have any ideas ?
Thanks.
Regards.
By Ouss4
#34320 Yes I have and I always get an error code : 5 with XTCOM_UTIL
and esp8266_flasher gives a connection error.

EDIT: As I said in my first post, the flashing doesn't even begin and I have an error code 5.
By martinayotte
#34325 The problem must be somewhere else, because if you put GPOI0 to LOW (while keeping GPIO2 to HIGH), it turn ESP into bootloading mode which doesn't care about any AT+UART configs, it is not executing any things from the current firmware, the bootloader is in ROM, and it is doing an automatic baudrate detection without any hardware handshaking.
BTW, what other connections you have ? Do you have CH_PD to HIGH as well as GPIO15 to LOW ?