Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Ouss4
martinayotte wrote:Please, add a capacitor of 220uF or 470uF between ESP power pins, it will fix many issues.
You can use Arduino as USB-TTL, as long as the sketch running don't interfere with the Serial between PC and ESP, but make sure you have a voltage divider on the TX, since the RX of ESP is 3.3V and not tolerant to the 5V of Arduino.
Also, how do you power the ESP ? Because the 3.3V output of Arduino is NOT capable enough to provide required current of the ESP.

Yes I do have a voltage divider for the TX coming from the Arduino.
My ESP is powered from the 3.3V the Arduino provides. Well, I'll test tomorrow with a separate power source and add the capacitor as needed, and I'll let you know.

Thank you very much for your time and your answers.
By Ouss4
#34611 I've been unsuccessfully trying during the past couple of days to flash it, but still no chance.
I always get a connexion failed with XTCOM_UTIL and esp8266_flasher.
By xtal
#34616 Have you triple checked your Rx and Tx connections , I use 2 modules on a breadboard an constanty
move rx/tx and ocassionally fail to connect them properly, and wonder how I blew the module,
and the later discover I'm 1 pin left or right of where I should be and some times have swapped Rx/Tx
By Ouss4
#34619 Yes I did switch and rechecked Rx/Tx many times.

I've tried and removed the uC in the Arduino to let only the USB-TTL converter, but still couldn't connect.