Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By trackerj
#34864 Hello,

This new board is just a simple ESP8266 Board with USB + Extension Bus (nEXT) and is the result of looking for a smaller and somehow a more flexibile hardware configuration than the CBDB Evolution DevBoard.

This is how is looking the PCB of it:

and the finished Board:

This is the board that was also used for the long run battery tests posted here:
Ultra low power application schematic: RFC
In this case on top of it was added the RTC/Li-Ion battery charger nEXT module.

For more details about, please see related articles:

By trackerj
#35486 And the first Extension board, if you didn't see it yet, this is AN1, the ANALOG ADC/DAC + I/O Board for CBDB nEXT EVO: http://www.esp8266-projects.com/2015/12/p3-esp8266-next-evo-analog-extension.html.

Also can be directly used with any other MCU, Arduino, ARM, etc as long as it has a I2C bus and 3V logic.

Basic default functions of the CBDB nEXT AN1 Extension Board:
    INPUT : 0-40V Autorange Analog frontend / 18 Bit ADC
    OUTPUT : 4x12 BIT DAC
    TEMPERATURE : I2C Temperature sensor, standard or high precision options
    I/O: 8 Bit I/O Expansion Port

ESP8266 nEXT EVO_AN1.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By trackerj
#35963 And a Graphical Display option for it :)

My first option for a Alphanumeric Display still remain the ST7032i LCD one, but as I was looking also for a Graphical Display option, I found this SSD1306 OLED as a easy to use one with the CBDB nEXT EVO Board.

Original article about http://www.esp8266-projects.com/2015/12/mailbag-ssd1306-oled-display-for.html
By trackerj
#36147 The SAGA Continues: Part 2 of the ESP8266 nEXT EVO Analog Extension Board (AN1)

In this part we will talk a bit about the nEXT Bus I²C protocol and we will start also a longer, multi-part discussion about testing procedures and software programming for the AN1 Board devices and functions (I/O Expansion port, Temperature, ADC, DAC, Voltage measurements,etc.

Any related comments, suggestions, ideas are warmly welcomed :)

0_0_ESP8266_nEXT EVO Board - AN1 - top_0_0.jpg

Thank you,
TJ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.