Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By nikos134
#35636 Hi,
I am new in the forum and in the esp so I apologize for any noob mistakes.
I have an esp8266-01. My project is running multiple requests from server through esp82266. However in random occasions the esp8266 will restart on its own..I manage to recover from this but sometimes after it restarts it works for a little bit of time and then it restarts again and i get this in the second restart and then no response from esp
Code: Select all ets Jan  8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,7)

wdt reset
load 0x40100000, len 816, room 16
tail 0
chksum 0x8d
load 0x3ffe8000, len 788, room 8
tail 12
chksum 0x4f
ho 0 tail 12 room 4
load 0x3ffe8314, len 288, room 12
tail 4
chksum 0xcf
csum 0xcf

2nδ boot version : 1.2
40MHz
  SPI Mode       : QIO
  SPI Flash Size : jump to run user1

get flash_addr error!
user code done
By kolban
#35637 Howdy and welcome to the community. To help you get answers better in the future ...

1) Give your post a more descriptive subject line
2) If you refer to a project that is having problems, describe the project
3) Search the forums to see if the question has been similarly posed in the past. Maybe the previous answer will assist.

Your log shows that you are timing out because of the Watch Dog Timer (WDT). This could be for a myriad of reasons and without knowing more about the nature of your application, there isn't much to offer other than search the forum on this phrase (watch dog timer) and see what others may have said. If you wish to post back with more details, then we can look further.
By nikos134
kolban wrote:Howdy and welcome to the community. To help you get answers better in the future ...

1) Give your post a more descriptive subject line
2) If you refer to a project that is having problems, describe the project
3) Search the forums to see if the question has been similarly posed in the past. Maybe the previous answer will assist.

Your log shows that you are timing out because of the Watch Dog Timer (WDT). This could be for a myriad of reasons and without knowing more about the nature of your application, there isn't much to offer other than search the forum on this phrase (watch dog timer) and see what others may have said. If you wish to post back with more details, then we can look further.

Okay thanks for the tips.
My configuration is Arduino with the esp and one temp sensor (dht11).
Every 1 min it measures the temperature and sends it to my web server through an http request(get) locating in my raspberry.
Also every 30 sec it sends an http request(get) to get one value from a txt file in my web server(raspberry).
It was running fine for about 1-2 weeks...However in the last 2-3 days it gives that error without changing anything in the configuration or in the code.