Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Eyal
lethe wrote:The 5V rail is directly connected to the VCC pin.

I don't think so. The VCC pin (on the 0.1" row) is not connected to the VCC pin of the esp, it goes through the LDO to supply 3.3v to the ESP-12E/F (not sure which it is).

Does anyone have a link to the schematics for this board?

My main issue is that I could not find a place (jumper or pad) to bridge gpio16 and reset (for deep sleep wakeup). This is a problem when the two boards are connected because there are no pins available to jumper.

Finally, it is sad to see that the reset button is on the programming board, this facility is often required when it is commissioned as the esp board alone.
By lethe
Eyal wrote:
lethe wrote:The 5V rail is directly connected to the VCC pin.

I don't think so. The VCC pin (on the 0.1" row) is not connected to the VCC pin of the esp, it goes through the LDO to supply 3.3v to the ESP-12E/F (not sure which it is).

Sorry, I probably should have been more precise, but I was posting from my phone...
With VCC pin I was not referring to the ESPs supply pin (applying 5V to the ESP could kill the chip!).
What I was trying to say is, that the pin labeled "VCC" on the breakout board has a direct connection to the 5V pin of the micro-USB port.