Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Eyal
#36543 I tried playing with the second argument of "node.dsleep(us, option)" using values 1 and 2. While this is a nodemcu-firmware function, the "option" is just passed through to "deep_sleep_set_option()".

I could not see any change in wakeup time or current peaks (or total). This is on an esp-12.

What should I expect to see? The doco vaguely says:
2 : No RF calibration after deep-sleep wake up; this reduces the current consumption.
By Lance Henderson
#36678 I have used the similar command with the Arduino environment and found that with normal wakeup mode I got a 80mA draw, with RF_CAL (or the one that turns off the RF chip) I get about 20mA.

The bug that was present was that the RTC memory was not being preserved through boot ups.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2305&p=25850#p25850
By Eyal
#36689 @Lance Henderson,

What you describe looks like the option to turn the RF altogether (option=4). I am asking specifically about just turning off the calibration (option=2).

Are you suggesting that only turning off the calibration drops the module into 20mA consumption?