Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Alfa&Omega
#36776 Hi,

I've spent couple weeks resolving this problem, but with no success.

I have ESP03 which is connected to ATX power suply to 3.3V. That power suply can provide 20A on 3.3V line. ESP03 was working well, but after connecting it to 3.3V regulator (1A max) it started making troubles even on power suply. It drains between 300-500mA and drops voltage to 2.5V! I just don't understand how is that possible?! And yes, it's not working. No response on UART.

Maybe that looks like module is dead, but I don't think so. This already happened once, and module started working normally after one week. Just like that.

I have another power supply where I can regulate voltage, but I'm afraid if I connect it to 3.3V, then it drops to 2.5V, and then I force it back to 3.3V by regulation, that it will drain to much current and burn.

Any ideas what to do? Or similar experiences?

Also, when I connect something else to power supply (ex. DC motor) it's working well. No voltage drops. So that should be enough reason to believe that power supply is ok I guess.