Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By SheilaCaba
#47360 Hi everyone..as per my knowledge if GPIO2 is used as input, you need to consider that the sensors provide HIGH level on idle, otherwise the ESP won't boot. In your current schematic, the switch is badly located, it is really shorting power, not shorting the GPIO0, it needs to be moved the other side of the PullUP. Also you absolutely need GND and GND2 to be connect together.
By scropion86
#47363 hi SheilaCaba,

GPIO2 is not used as any thing here , and the corrected schematic which finally used to make the PCB in the first post also attached in the first post.
maybe you are talking about the parts of schematic in the thread.

the final board is working fine here it is

By Saroz
#49948 Hi Martinayotte/All,

ESP is awesome cheap and best device compare with others device.

Planned to build one project for my personal uses and I need of 2 to 4 numbers of GPIO pins for controlling the relays and used the ESP-01, got good result as I expect with 2 numbers of GPIO Pins.
but there is some problem when restart ESP-01 , GPIO Pins gives HIGH and automatically relays are triggering and ESP-01 also not working , then I need to manual restarting every time with removing of GPIO Pins connection.
So, for that reason and need of more Pins so, from past few weeks , trying to setup the ESP-12E and facing some issue.

Note: for time being, im using Two serial convertor (one for 3.3v powerup the ESP-12E and other one using for communicating with my laptop) and also tried with single FTDI and having same issue happening to me,

Connections :
CH_PD/GPIO2/( GPIO0 & DTR)/( ESP12E-RST & FTDI-RST) -> pulled-up with resistors(10K) to VCC.
GPIO15 always in pulled-down with resistors(10K) to GND.

Its just stopping on middle of flashing (using the Bin file nodemcu_integer_0.9.6-dev_20150704.bin for flash) by using NODEMUC FIRMWARE PROGRAMMER Apps.

Just for reference purpose used the ESPlorer V0.2 Apps to see the error.On that time, getting this error.

(((PORT OPEN 9600
Communication wit MUC...Got Answer! Autodetect Firmware..
Can't Autodetect Firmware, because poper answer not received.)))

I hope, because its not properly flashed the BIN file on chip,
-------
When using this connection:
CH_PD/GPIO2/( GPIO0)/(ESP- RST) -> pullup with resistors(10K) to VCC and its giving different error.
This also stopping on middle of flashing on NODEMUC Apps
When trying to open the port on ESPlorer Apps , its continuously trying to communication with MCU

(((
PORT OPEN 9600
Communication wit MUC.......
.........)))

And when after pressing the reset button on my circuit (RST with Pullup resistor) shorting to ground and ESP12E restarting and on that time, getting this error on ESPlorer Apps

(((PORT OPEN 9600
Communication wit MUC......
......Got Answer! Autodetect Firmware..
Can't Autodetect Firmware, because poper answer not received.
- P8yo p<y- p< - p)))

So, kindly can anyone help me out from this issue, what I made mistake on this or anything need to take care additional things.
By Saroz
#50141 Hi All,

Above problem now solved , its now flashing and Updating Lua are done successfully done

But little issue still having,
1.when restart ESP-12E , GPIO Pins are high for 1 second .
2. ESP Access-point is not properly connection to Android Version 5.0.2 , In windows Laptop its working good.

If there any having solution means, please share to me.