Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By scropion86
#42034 Update 08 may 2016

below is the screen shoots and the PCB layout ,and schematic , i will share here the latest tested schematic
that is working fine after final test , i will not share the Gerber files or EAGLE CAD files as some advanced
PCB designer suggested me not to as some of low voltage traces are near to the Relay Live traces.
but after it's working very good for me.

my design here Suggest to use 3A max per each relay , and 3A max per every LED RGB channel.
also i changed the MOSFET to FQP30N06L

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original POST

hi

i am new to PCB designing and i used to make more sample designed in breadboard and strip board.
please take a look in the attached schematic and suggest any change or note any mistake.

power supply is :HLK-PM01
transistor triggering Relays = 2N2222a
the very known Relay : Songle srd-05vdc-sl-c
LDO 3.3V regulator : AMS1117
LED Strip Drive MOSFET : irfz44n

Update on 25/04/2016

i received the PCB from the PCB house and waiting for some of the parts to assemble and test the board.
here are some pics of the PCB designed by EAGLE and an actual photo of the board.
the final schematic will be added later after testing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by scropion86 on Mon May 09, 2016 3:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
By martinayotte
#42041 The GPIO2 is left floating, you should add a PullUp like GPIO0.
The switch on GPIO0 is badly located, it is shorting VCC power to GND.
Why are you using 2N2222 for the relays while using MOSFET for RGB ? It is better to use MOSFET all over the places.
By scropion86
#42043 1-i'v noted the GPIO2 missing the pullUP , i will add it. btw can i used it as input for Temp. sensor??
2-the short for GPIO0 is attached to push button for enable flashing mode , and that is happening for just two seconds.
can you suggest a better way to achieve getting in flashing mode??
3-2N2222 is cheap and relabel alsoi used fly-back diode to protect it from reverse power by relay coil.
4-i used MOSFET for RGB as it will drew more power and irfz44n is able to do will with highers current up to 49A.
5-i also keept the ground main GND and the GND from 12V input seprate to elementalany noise because of PWM.
is this is wright way ?

martinayotte wrote:The GPIO2 is left floating, you should add a PullUp like GPIO0.
The switch on GPIO0 is badly located, it is shorting VCC power to GND.
Why are you using 2N2222 for the relays while using MOSFET for RGB ? It is better to use MOSFET all over the places.
By martinayotte
#42044 1- If GPIO2 is used as input, you need to consider that the sensors provide HIGH level on idle, otherwise the ESP won't boot.
2- I means : in your current schematic, the switch is badly located, it is really shorting power, not shorting the GPIO0, it needs to be moved the other side of the PullUP.
3- It is up to you ! MOSFET such 2N7000 or AO3402 are cheap as well.
4- no problem.
5- No ! you absolutely need GND and GND2 to be connect together, otherwise your MOSFET will be in some kind of "floating mode". If you wish to have them separated, you will need some opto-coupler circuits.