Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By sibianul
#72239 I have changed the sensor with an HT21D, hope this will be more reliable, as the DS18B20 are rock solid, almost one year and none of them have failed.
By Darren Humphrey
nandu wrote:You are right. I too faced with resets while enabling STATION_MODE. Spend a lot of time with gdb with no results. Finally put .1uF + 100uF as close as possible. Now things are perfect :D .

I've been having trouble with connecting to wifi devices being highly unreliable. The WiFiClient::connect call fails between 50 and 90% of the time, generally with "connection refused". I get the problem even with a bare minimum sketch that does nothing but connect to a tcp server. I'm confident it's not a code problem or a server problem (server is 100% reliable from WGET on raspberry pi).

I have plenty of power going to the device--a 12W USB power wart connected over a second micro USB cable that's going to VIN. I measure 5.2V and 2.4A at the pins on the board (its a Node MCU clone).

So even with way more power than is needed, I should add these caps to filter noise and act as protection from the voltage dropping out?

Just want to make sure I understand the dynamics of it all before I go off and chase this rabbit some more :)