Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By martinayotte
#44086 I would still add PullUp on GPIO2, even if tons of schematics don't show it.
Leaving floating such special pins like GPIO2 is looking for troubles, it act as radio antenna, and if there is lot of ESR around, it can prevent to boot properly.
By crisap94
#44093 I Actually Have the same Schema on my ESP8266 12-E breadboard configuration, and works excellent, i don't know nothing about suddenly reboots.

I Have faced a problem, when i call this instruction

Code: Select alldigitalwrite(0,HIGH);
delay(200);
digitalWrite(0,LOW);
delay(200);

it works, but sometimes the GPIO 0 doesn't respond, what do you think it could be?
By TheQuestor
crisap94 wrote:I Actually Have the same Schema on my ESP8266 12-E breadboard configuration, and works excellent, i don't know nothing about suddenly reboots.

I Have faced a problem, when i call this instruction

Code: Select alldigitalwrite(0,HIGH);
delay(200);
digitalWrite(0,LOW);
delay(200);

it works, but sometimes the GPIO 0 doesn't respond, what do you think it could be?

Maybe your delay is too short?

Also I "tried" GPIO2 pullup and it wouldn't boot :( I tried direct and with a 1k R and 2k5 R and if anything is set to pullup or pulldown on GPIO2 it won't boot.

Right now I am using this module on a teensy so I am not doing any direct programming on the ESP and it is running a older firmware I compiled back in Jan and it seems really stable

AT version:0.52.0.0(Jan 7 2016 18:44:24)
SDK version:1.5.1(e67da894)
compile time:Jan 7 2016 19:02:52
OK

So I am going to leave it like it is :)