Use this forum to chat about hardware specific topics for the ESP8266 (peripherals, memory, clocks, JTAG, programming)

By Amod
#47370 Hi, I am trying to use esp8266 (ESP-01) as a microcontroller for hx711 to measure weight using a load cell.
However while reading output from hx711 it always returns 0 (i e 8388608).

Since the DOUT goes to low after some time, I assume the data is ready to read and chip is proper... But all the bits are always same 0.

I have written the driver as mentioned in the hx711 data sheet.

Can anyone suggest what am I missing / doing wrong here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Amod
#48260 The wire to ground used to put ESP8266 in upload mode was still connected to GPIO 0 (DT) which was causing all the readings to be 0. Since esptool resets it always back in execution mode, it was connected even after upload.
Well it was a silly mistake, am sure nobody will do, but posting it in case if any.
By AndreaDagostini
Amod wrote:The wire to ground used to put ESP8266 in upload mode was still connected to GPIO 0 (DT) which was causing all the readings to be 0. Since esptool resets it always back in execution mode, it was connected even after upload.
Well it was a silly mistake, am sure nobody will do, but posting it in case if any.

hi,
i try your code but is not working.
i'm using arduino ide + ftdi232 + esp8266 e01 + hx711 + load cell.
with your code i only obtain "device is ready" and lot of crescent numbers from 0 to 8557218 over and over again