Here we can all chat about fixing the AT+ command structure and the associated responses.

By igrr
terminator wrote:So it looks like module is getting reset after executing AT+IPR=115200

Yep, this is a regression when building against Espressif's SDK 0.9.2. This wasn't happening with 0.9.1.
There are some updates from Espressif regarding UART, I haven't had time to check them out yet. Maybe they are related to this issue.
Created an issue on github to track progress.
By igrr
phil31 wrote:what i can suggest instead of start from scratch is to "simply" do the same AT set .. then the documentation will be already write :D

I have also worked with Microchip command set, but it does not map very well (not simply at least) on the API provided by Espressif. But if you do see a good way to do that, you are welcome to contribute an implementation of a different 'flavour' of AT command set.

phil31 wrote:maybe on your http://th.igrr.me/ page (binaries version) you can add the date of the build ? because the actuel revision "3be7f3c" is not easily readable !

Thanks for the tip. Will add the build date.

phil31 wrote:is it possible to provide a single BIN file to flash instead 2 or more with offset settings ?

This was requested on github and @picstart1 had similar issues earlier in this thread. Will look into this early next week.
By igrr
#2380 @picstart1, @phil31: i have added combined firmware generation, now it is possible to flash a single binary at zero offset. ESP8266flasher.exe should do the trick now. Flash 'firmware.bin' instead of 0x00000.bin and 0x40000.bin
By picstart1
#2408 grr
Your latest firmware.bin flashed without any issues using esp8266flasher.
Thank you

Testing after flashing indicates some issues
1)
If the baud rate is changed form 9600 to 115200 the baud rate change is confirmed but at 115200 nothing works due to framing errors ( yes the comm port was reset to the 115200 baud rate)
2)
At 9600 baud AT+CWMODE=1 produces a framing error