Here we can all chat about fixing the AT+ command structure and the associated responses.

By picstart1
#2040 update binaries now load 100% with flasher.exe but the esp8266 is unresponsive tried 9600 and 115200 with no response to AT
This is a Windows 7 PC I'll try with esptool.py and see if I have success. It appears that the format of the upload bin creates dependencies.
It is unfortunate a universal header for the bin can't specify the format and the unloader check for compatibility instead of unloading to failure.
By igrr
#2051 Does the module respond if you flash the original (espressif) firmware using the same tool?
If it does, try a stripped-down version of my firmware that is attached to the post. It only has basic, info, and interface commands enabled. The baud rate is fixed at 115200. It should at least emit some output from the bootloader after reset.
To rule out download issues, the hashes are:
MD5 (0x00000.bin) = 1d0c40ba49950817155c713789a26a27
MD5 (0x40000.bin) = 15337084f6762a73eb00e0f77e513d32

edit: also make sure your terminal is terminating lines with CR (or CR+LF). the firmware won't take LF for the end of line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By picstart1
#2057 I tried the atproto-debug.tgz download with the smaller size. I used the flasher.exe the 0x00000.bin downloads but ends after reaching 100% with the blue led solid.
Now flasher.exe is a bit quirky since it always has issues leaving the flash mode....probably since it may be trying to pull GPIO 00 up ..I have in flash mode GPio 00 jumpered to ground and in run mode GPIO 00 jumpered high.
After disconnecting the com port and reconnecting the flasher was able to flash the 0x40000 bin. When running with GPIO 00 high at 115200 baud
the esp8266 won't respond to AT ...it won't echo the keystrokes. flasher.exe will flash v0.9.2.2 AT Firmware.bin or ESP_8266_BIN0.92.bin just fine.
By igrr
#2058 flashed the v0.9.2 firmware, and then reverted back to my binaries, still can't reproduce the problem you are having, unfortunately.
as a final thought, maybe you could try flashing esp_init_data_default.bin and blank.bin at 0x7c000 and 0x7e000 respectively? although this wasn't necessary in my case.
has anyone else tried my binaries?

edit: ok, found something similar.
there's an ATZ (reset) command in my firmware.
if i reset the module using ATZ with GPIO0 connected to VCC, the firmware freezes before even loading completely.
i don't know why this is not happening if i reset module by cycling power or using the RST pin, but it looks like the issue you are having.
could you please try again with GPIO0 floating or pulled high through a >10k resistor, as suggested in other threads?