A place to put your YouTube video that is ESP8266 related.

By danbicks
#19147 A voltage divider is the only option to read higher voltages, but If you want reliable readings then OPT for another A>D connected via the I2C bus or similar that has multiple inputs, lets face it nowadays we need more than one analog channel.

I believe the ESP8266 A>D is used for RSSI readings from the RF stage when Scan AP mode is operative! and ReadVCC.

Dans
By tytower
#19164 Dan I'm not following what you mean here . Do you have any references that you have seen on it . I would like to put it in the Wiki

martinayotte I have put your graph there for starters Thanks
By hwiguna
#19170 @tytower,
Let me see if I could shed some light on the ESP's ADC pin.

1) The Arduino reports a range of 0 to 1023 to correspond with 0V to 5V. The ESP reports 0-1023 to correspond with 0V to 3.3V. This is just the way the chip was designed, no way to change it.
2) However, by using a voltage divider, we can adjust any higher voltage to get around that limitation.
Here's a diagram I found on Instructables.

On my circuit, I did not wire my potentiometer like the pictured breadboard, instead I used a 10K potentiometer for R2 (the bottom resistor that is connected to ground), and a 23K fixed resistor for R1 (the side that is connected to 3.3V). Doing so, the voltage at the Vout junction ranges from 0V to 1V which corresponds to 0 to 1000 or so upon analogRead(A0). I did not get 1023, I suspect that's due to lack of precision on my resistors.
By tytower
hwiguna wrote:@tytower,
Let me see if I could shed some light on the ESP's ADC pin.

1) The Arduino reports a range of 0 to 1023 to correspond with 0V to 5V. The ESP reports 0-1023 to correspond with 0V to 3.3V. This is just the way the chip was designed, no way to change it.

You are not making this any clearer unfortunately ....which is it
"The ESP reports 0-1023 to correspond with 0V to 3.3V." or
"The ESP reports 0-1023 to correspond with 0V to 1.0.