By RichardS
#43065 User
Amornthep and asupawat

Description
We have done the "ESP8266 APIs for LabVIEW". It's NOT just only the basic ESPWi Fi APIs, We also did the many hardwares APIs that can be used in LabVIEW environment. such as ArduCAM mini 2MP (High definition SPI camera and simple control interface).

But for this project we will focus on application level instead of low level APIs. I will demonstrate how easy to used the APIs and show case the capability of ESP8266 to create the cool application like "ESP8266 WiFi Camera for Home Monitoring Application"

At the user side. We used Telegram as a notification/alert service, As Telegram is a open source platform for messaging service, It's allow us to create Telegram BOT account and provided easy to used BOT API in many language. In this project just used the basic GET API to send the msg and picture. The user can be received real-time picture that taken from camera.

The whole architecture application is look like the picture below.

*The servo motor in this picture is a future development, It's can be attached to camera for panning the camera to desired position.

Refer to prototype hardware lists below. It's a coin sized ESP8266 WiFi bassd camera that we used for this project.

Let take a look at application code:

What we need just input the Token ID (BOT ID) & Chat ID (its can be a BOT ID or Group ID) in the code. In this code we connect the Button at GPIO0 and Camera at CS Pin GPIO16. After we pressed the button at "GPIO0" then it's will take a picture and send it over WiFi network to the Telegram "Group ID".

Example result of the image that we get from Telegram Apps.

Correctly me if there is some typo or English grammar error. As I am not a native English speaker.

Parts
-Wemos D1 ESP8266
-Wemos D1 mini ESP8266
-ArduCAM mini 2 MP

Links

Video

Images
Attachments
image.png
Slide15.PNG
QWAVE-Proto HW 2.2.jpg
Slide1.PNG