By Vivek Gupta
#43382 Description:
I am not a hardcore fan of making my own garden but I always love to keep a plant on my desk where I work. I have to travel a lot. And its hard to take care of the plant especially when its indoor. And the Plant monitoring available outdoors is pretty much costly. So I made my low cost plant monitoring system and an android app which integrates the sensor data from the cloud into the application. So I am now able to view the parameters of my plant and act accordingly. I am yet to automate the whole process but for now, it is already helping me to save my time, energy and maintaining the plant health. Its low cost, reliable and once you plug in good quality battery, it lasts upto one month.

Components Used:
Arduino Mini Pro - 1
ESP8266 - 1
100uf Capacitor - 1
10uf Capacitor - 1
7805 Regulator - 1
3.3V Regulator - 1
9V battery - 1
Soil Moisture Sensor - 1
Tempreature Sensor - 1
LDR - 1

Implementation:
The project involves a series of algorithms and steps through which it processes the data and stores it on the cloud. The Arduino Pro Mini will act as a mini brain system for the whole system architecture. It will be programmed such that it will continuously monitor the sensor attached with it and will then send the data on the cloud via WIFI module. The WIFI module is just included to connect the system with the internet. There will be an android application which will be synchronized with the cloud server and it will show the data which is updated on to the cloud. The android application is built with pure html5 that makes integration of thingspeak cloud very easy.
Attachments
The Source Code
(2.42 KiB) Downloaded 574 times
PCB_Diagram.JPG
The PCB layout of the System
PCB_Diagram.JPG (22.66 KiB) Viewed 2551 times
Circuit_Diagram.png
The Circuit Diagram of the System
Circuit_Diagram.png (10.63 KiB) Viewed 2551 times
thingspeak.JPG
The thingspeak Channel and graph which I am using in the android application
Capture.JPG
The android application
xnaOdDWn.png
The Web interface. The same interface which I made for android App can be used for website interfacing since it is html5.
rpuRlU1L.png
The closer look of the plant case.
gUmrDItH.png
Image of the overall system.