Questions with regards to ESP8266 Basic and hardware interfacing and control via Basic commands

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#60765 I am curious if anyone has already done this.

I want to create custom voice commands for google home so that I can interface it with msg branch.

Essentially what I want to do is as follows.

Tell Google Home or Google Assistant Turn On My Living Room Lights and have it open a url that I can specify in full and if possible have it read back what it says on the page.

Trying not to reinvent the wheel here but in order to make that speaker worthy of my purchase I first need to figure out how to do this with my phone otherwise I am getting ripped off about 30.00 worth of hardware for 120.00 that is a bit over kill and who knows I still may not buy it.

But the bottom line is for proof of concept with basic it would be sweet to share this. After all basic is a google fan using chrome.
By forlotto
#60822 Okay so I ditched the speaker idea for now in favor of using my phone ...
So I have google Now the latest Version of google assistant. By the way it is sweet they really did a good job and even threw in some comedy. If you get it say OK GOOGLE make me a sandwich. You should get a good laugh out of this one.

What I did:

Create an app with the url for message branch with a web viewer that loads as the home page using MIT App Inventor for each action you want to complete.

I purchased Tasker from Google Play

Then I purchased Autovoice with pro upgrade from Google Play

Create an event

Plugin

Autovoice

Recognize

Edit (click Pencil looking button on right)

Speak Filter (Then say what you want to use and select it Lights ON)

Hit Checkmark

Click the event up on the very top.

Select Add New Task

Select the Plus

Click App

Click Launch App

Browse for the App that does your function.

For those interested.