Questions with regards to ESP8266 Basic and hardware interfacing and control via Basic commands

Moderator: Mmiscool

By forlotto
#61378 https://github.com/CharlesJGantt/LinkNo ... ree/master

http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Hom ... /?ALLSTEPS

I think esp basic could do this way easier with msgbranch.

I replied to a google home video in hopes that google home devs would respond so far no luck no response.

I now have googlenow working so my cellphone is my portable microphone very easily done with a few dollars worth of applications. It is not without caveats as the learning AI I believe searches on google for the term and the less you click on a link the more it searches for other substitutes for what you are saying. So due to this you may be making google now dumber in the process. While I am not entirely sure I have a hunch due to weeks of testing.

For instance lights low has returned light flow more and more as of late which can be difficult.

The object is to find terminology that is solid so far open door has completed 100% without failure or different substitutes being used.

however light dimming has been a slight challenge but I will be testing for better light dimming voice terms that are easily remembered and not challenged by other possible terms.

Open Door was the top reason for doing this over the spring/summer I developed the smart home application for controlling all different kinds of things that I felt would actually be useful and it went off with some learning curves and some hitches that were all ironed out.

During the winter I ran into a problem that problem was I need to have specialized gloves for cellphone use in order to control my application or I had to take my glove off.

This left me on the search for elimination of this problem so I started thinking what is possible and voice was the first thing that came to mind. So what I did was look into alexa and google home and realized wow great products but the programming methods for adding your own things is just lacking simple ways to hook in your own voice commands this is a giant negative for me.

Then I read about tasker and autovoice on a blog and how someone was using google now to control their phone and it got me to thinking ok if I can launch an app with this thing I can create an application for each task I have in my full application and bingo would you know it it works!

This still leaves a good gap to get google home and alexa working with basic if there are any takers on teaching this one it would be welcomed with open minds.