You can chat about native SDK questions and issues here.

By softfoot
#55891 Hi, Not sure if this is the correct area for this so please feel free to move it if appropriate ;-)

I have an 8266-12E module and have installed the latest AT command code (0.51) and it all works wonderfully in "station mode" :-)

However, the power consumption in the default sleep mode (MODEM SLEEP) is a bit high for my application so I'm looking at "LIGHT SLEEP".

Reading the documentation it implies that both Modem and Light sleep still respond to traffic from the AP but I find this doesn't seem to be the case - In modem sleep it DOES respond but in light sleep it doesn't.

I am aware from other research that an electrical wake via a GPIO pin is needed if you need to issue commands to the 8266 but generally I don't do that except when responding to an incoming HTML request.

Am I missing something fundamental here???

The AT command I/F supports AT+SLEEP=1 - if I do need to wake the 8266 what GPIO pin should I use on the 8266-12E? Is one setup for this purpose by default in the AT command I/F??

My app is a simple web-server and most of the time is spinning awaiting an incoming HTML request.

Are there any tricks or gotchas I should be aware of ??

TIA
Dave