You can chat about native SDK questions and issues here.

By synfinatic
#56376 So I know the ESP8266 supports 5 tcp connections, what I'm wondering is can it support multiple (in my case 2) TCP server sockets? I only need to support 2 client connections (one per server), but one server is a simple text protocol (a dumbed down telnet) and the other is a simple HTTP service.

From looking at the espconn API it looks as if it should be supported in the API, but my searches on this topic have come up empty.

Thanks!
By synfinatic
#56427 Awesome! My google-fu failed me. Actually, I'm hoping to replace both a WiFly and Teensy 3.1 with an ESP-12. Worst case, just the WiFly- depends on how fast the ESP can handle interrupts on 4 GPIO pins which are used for 2 optical 10K encoders.

https://github.com/synfinatic/teensy-dsc
By mconsidine
synfinatic wrote:Awesome! My google-fu failed me. Actually, I'm hoping to replace both a WiFly and Teensy 3.1 with an ESP-12. Worst case, just the WiFly- depends on how fast the ESP can handle interrupts on 4 GPIO pins which are used for 2 optical 10K encoders.

https://github.com/synfinatic/teensy-dsc

Yup, I'm familiar with your code. I've got a sketch running on an ESP-12 that can take a connection from SkySafari Plus. What I would like to do is figure out how to emulate the response expected from the rebadged WiFly module. It looks like Celestron must have tweaked the firmware a bit, as what I believe to be the handshaking occuring at the start of the connection seems slightly-off from the Microchip docs.

There are free versions of the Android app, namely Cosmos Navigator and SkyPortal. But these are hardcoded for a specific IP address and port, namely 1.2.3.4:2000 and 10.0.0.1:4030, respectively. I'd like to try to get those apps to talk to the ESP, at this point just for you-know-what and giggles. SkySafari Plus will allow you to input the IP and port that the ESP is on. So at that point, the ESP can sit in the middle and parse the requests.

My sketch as a webserver running on port 80 and then a WiFiServer running on, in my test case, port 2000. I can hit the URL and get what would normally be the SkyFi webpage (in my case, "Hello") and also have SkySafari send data to port 2000, where I have code to parse the commands (in my case, LX-200 commands). Right now I'm trying to figure out the handshaking.

Do you plan on updating your code above to reflect what you're working on?

Matt