You can chat about native SDK questions and issues here.

By berkutta
#60792 @gjump
That would be a method to use the premade feature from Espressif. But I'm nearly finished with my own solution. I already have an internal feature which first downloads the Firmware to a second space on the FLASH. The only stumbling block actually is this rewrite thing which should write the newly downloaded firmware from the second space to the "active" space and then reboot.
I've asked Espressif if they know why my thing doesn't really work. I can't see the reason actually. Because the routine is in ram and should be independent of the flash firmware. If even they have no answer I will use the premade thing.
By berkutta
#60797 @gjump
It's not that I don't like the Bootloader method. More that I've planned and worked on an OTA procedure which allows me nearly every case I need. As of it's already developed to a nearly finished state it would be bad to trash this thing. Everything works with except of the final overwrite of the "active" software. So in theory I just need to get the rewrite thing fixed and have my own OTA thing which I can use to automaticly update my ESP to the newest commit in the git master tree :)
By gjump
#60805 OK, but I don't see any problem on that. You can still use your code, you just need to check where you should load the new firmware and after that update the bootloader flag. Because even if you use the NONOS SDK, there's some functions that are executed out of your code, and you can't control then. That's why you can't hold the MCU inside a while(true).