You can chat about native SDK questions and issues here.

By magicroomy
#62267 I currently try to connect two ESP8266 using the native SDK (currently using V1.4.1).
I took the examples for TCP server and TCP client from here https://espressif.com/en/support/explore/sample-codes
The TCP Server acts as SOFT_AP.
My problem is: The client correctly connects to the SOFT_AP getting an IP 192.168.4.X. Then it tries to establish a TCP connection to the server and it does not work. The server does not recognize the tcp connect (callback not called). The Client gets a reconnect callback.
Now I tried some other scenarios:
1. I coded a little TCP Server on my Desktop PC, I coded the ESP Client to connect to my Home WLAN Router and to establish a connection to my Desktop PC TCP Server. Bingo... It works perfectly. I only changed the SSID to my router and the IP to my desktop PC. No other changes done to the client.
2. I coded my Desktop PC to be TCP Client, attached a USB/Wifi Adapter and connected to the ESP8266 servers SOFT_AP. Works. I started my Desktop TCP Client to access the ESP8266 TCP server. Works.

Now I wonder why the ESP8266 to ESP8266 Connection has a problem.
Any Ideas here ?

EDIT:
I changed to SDK 2.0.0 using the "unofficial dev kit". No change in the results. I also used another ESP (ESP-01 instead of ESP-07 for the client). Same result ( not working)