So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By shaughan
#59597 Hello,
I am a noobie and trying to instrument a ball with a Nodemcu, GY521, battery, and transmit via wifi to a laptop (point to point not via router).
So far I have been using J Rowberg software MPU6050_DMP and RAW and have been able to successfully display via a USB cable on laptop from, an UNO, Nano and partially from a Nodemcu.
On the Nodemcu I am able to display the RAW data but not the DMP date(Roll,Pitch,Yaw).
I have also been able to display the DMP motion data in Processing, as a plane, also been able to display data in MegunlinkPro.
Present Issues;When using Arduino IDE to compile DMP program using Nodecmu I receive the following message;
Documents\Arduino\libraries\MPU6050/MPU6050_6Axis_MotionApps20.h:47:30: fatal error: avr/pgmspace.h: No such file or directory #include <avr/pgmspace.h> (I noticed that martinayotte is familiar with this issue. I would need specific details to remedy this).
Midterm; At present I am able to display data via USB cable I need to be able to transmit via wifi from Nodemcu to laptop (point to point not via router). Need to know how, using access points,ssid, ip, Mac address ...etc..
Would like to be able to display aerial view ie X Y trajectory of the ball motion also the ball"wobble" and Z axis profile/contour. So I need to be able to get instant rpm and total rpm to calculate distances.
I also have Visuino software to help with the code writing into Arduino (not sure if I can merge Rowbergs'software into Visuino?)
Not sure if I am using the appropriate display software?
Am not a code writer, I am more of a cut/paste and software adapter sort of guy. I am able to follow detailed, specific instructions
Any suggestions/help would be very much appreciated.
regards