So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By brenzo
#60341 I may be misunderstanding something here. I purchased an ESP8266 development board and I'm programming it through the Arduino IDE per the instructions here. I seem to be able to flash it regardless of GPIO0's state (I've read it is supposed to be pulled to ground to flash).

The issue is that when I flash my program it works fine until I pull the power. When I power on again, it's in some default state. Is this the normal mode of operation? Is there a way to write my program to a non-volatile memory? Perhaps I am not actually updating the flash memory or I am misunderstanding something here.

FWIW it's this dev board.
By Bryan Clarke
#60430 Complete shot in the dark here but I understand that CH-PD pulled to high puts it in boot loader mode? Try to flash the sketch, remove gpioO from low and make sure chpd is not pulled high... I could be wrong here, I am having communication errors with my module in arduino ide. Getting an espcomm_uplade_mem failed error and espcomm_sync failed error. I would think this would be related to tx and rx but I have tried them both ways on the FTDI chip. Maybe someone can help with that?
By brenzo
gdsports wrote:Remove the 2 pin jumper to run code in Flash. When the jumper is present, the board powers up in Flash load mode (that is, does not run the code in Flash).

Thanks I feel like a dummy there was a little jumper on the board pulling GPIO0 low. :|