So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By ronalcover
#60423 Hey guys, I'm new to ESP8266. I'm using the ESP-12E. I have this iOT project that has sensors and I want those sensor's data to display on a webpage (HTML). And I've seen lots of tutorials using cloud data sites on storing the data. Is there any other way of sending data to a webserver without using cloud data sites? I wanted to send it to a local server like Apache. Can you guys help me please.
By jeffas
#60526 I'm not sure that I understand the problem. Wherever you want to upload the data to, you have to tell the ESP the hostname or IP address of the server. Just tell it the hostname or IP address of your local server, and that is where it will send the data. Of course you have to be running something on your local server (e.g. Apache, as you said) that is ready to receive the data in the format that the ESP sends it.
Is this actually your question? "How do I receive data in Apache?"
By ronalcover
jeffas wrote:I'm not sure that I understand the problem. Wherever you want to upload the data to, you have to tell the ESP the hostname or IP address of the server. Just tell it the hostname or IP address of your local server, and that is where it will send the data. Of course you have to be running something on your local server (e.g. Apache, as you said) that is ready to receive the data in the format that the ESP sends it.
Is this actually your question? "How do I receive data in Apache?"

Ok Ok I understand a bit now, How can I send those data to the MySql Database from my localserver?