So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By jeffas
#60602 Wow! I'm afraid that's way off topic for an ESP8266 forum. It's really all about the web server/database side of things. I suggest you look for an Apache/MySQL forum. This one might be a good place: https://forum.qnap.com/viewforum.php?f=32
You should find plenty of Apache/MySQL experts there.
By marcelops
#62224 Did you manage to send data from your local server?

Here is a follow up question regarding data transfer:

I have a little project that involves an Arduino + ESP8266 + SD Card. There are a few files on the SD card, and I need to transfer those files to a storage server.

I still haven't decided what the "server" will look like. What are your suggestions/recommendations on (a) how to transfer those files from the SD Card to the storage server?

I would be okay with any method: FTP, HTTP, etc... What is the recommendation?
By youtahDoug
#62364 ronalcover,

I had this problem a few years back with the NXP mbed ARM compiler. The NXP support guys wrote a library that was essentially a version of MySQL-Connect. At that time they were keeping their library source code proprietary and issuing the lib only in BIN format. I believe that they may be making the source code available now. their site is http://www.mbed.org. I used their mbed library to successfully perform SQL INSERT statements for adding timestamped data records to a remote database. It worked quite fast. From INSERT from my end I could see the record appear within seconds at the server end. I never tried other SQL statements, however I don't see why they would not work.

I will be working on this for a new project over the next few weeks. I'm hoping to roll or port this MySQL-Connect code into the FreeRTOS code set available for the ESP8266.

The MySQL website (now Oracle) has pure "C" source code available for MySQL-Connect. I will be looking at that for potential use also.

Let me know how you made out with your project.