So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By tuxtor1948
#67210 I had goofed up my nodemcu. I had added a line to the end of the script that would restart.......
The result was a repeating reboot and I could not re-flash the device (yet)
I came over a page from:
https://riktronics.wordpress.com/2016/1 ... siest-way/
I downloaded the flasher and the binary. The binary would not run in my Win-XP in Virtualbox on Linux.

However the binary _did_ run under wine! I was able to get the nodemcu back on line with the
AT binary, when running it switches to a lower baudrate (9600).
After that I could rewrite the nodemcu with the proper firmware

For wine: in .wine/dosdevices check the symbolic links from the comx ports to the corresponding /dev/ttySx names, or /dev/ttyUSBx names

I used /dev/ttyUSB1 for the usb to the nodemcu.

Hope this may help others
By alex_g
#67251 Which module exactly are you using?

I've had a couple of modules (both WeMOS copies, one mini, one old-style D1) where the usb-uart system would not work properly. I can still flash the chip, and use it as a plain old ESP-12, but I have to make my own arrangements as the USB interface just doesn't work. Sounds a bit like yours, frankly.
By tuxtor1948
alex_g wrote:Which module exactly are you using?

I've had a couple of modules (both WeMOS copies, one mini, one old-style D1) where the usb-uart system would not work properly. I can still flash the chip, and use it as a plain old ESP-12, but I have to make my own arrangements as the USB interface just doesn't work. Sounds a bit like yours, frankly.

On Linux the usb driver works well immediately. Under Windows XP I had some problems to get the right driver working...