So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By etswd
#61385 How can I send real time data (say in an array) at about 5000 Hz from a sensor to the server over wifi. (I am able to send data, one line at a time, using GET method and a corresponding php script at the server)
An example with sketch and php script would be appreciated.
Regards

Etswd
By etswd
Matt C wrote:Try a POST method instead of GET

Something like this perhaps:
http://www.instructables.com/id/PART-1- ... ySQL-D3js/

Thank you for the reply. I have used POST in the past; however, I was looking at some kind of live data streaming which is not possible through POST.
Regards,

Etswd
By jeffas
#61700 I wouldn't use HTTP/web-server at all for such a task. HTTP was originally designed for a request/response model, with each transaction independent of all others. Of course it's been extended/corrupted over the years, but anything stream-like has tended to be streaming from server to client, not the other way round.
I am a communications software engineer in real life, so I would go straight to writing a small server application to receive continuous data, rather than a web server like Apache.
What do you want to do with the data when it arrives? Just writing it to a file (or a succession of files) would be pretty straightforward.