So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By arhunt
#62213 Hi guys.

I am trying to interface an AVR with a 12E. The whole circuit is powered by a 1,500 mA 5V USB power supply going through an LMS1117 3.3V voltage regulator. I have a 1000uF capacitor and a 0.1uF capacitor between vcc and gnd . I was intending to turn the 12E off and on using the EN pin connected to one of the AVR pins. However, I am having difficulties.

With the EN pin pulled low by the AVR, the AVR works perfectly. However, when I try to boot the 12E by pulling EN high I get a series of very quick reboots of both the AVR and the 12E. I have tried increasing the capacitor size but this hasn't helped. Sometimes it settles down after a few seconds and sometimes not. To me it sounds like a power supply problem but I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction to a solution.
By Barnabybear
#62296 Hi, does it do the same if you disconnect the AVR -> CH_PD connection and just use a 10K pullup resistor on CH_PD with a link to ground to toggle the ESP off?
By arhunt
#62297 Thanks Barnabybear. If I connect it directly to vcc then I don't have the reboot problem. I think I may just do that and use AT commands to put the ESP into sleep mode to try to save some power. It's not a power critical application but I like to save some juice where possible!