So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By eliasp
#62920 Hi there,

So i'm working on a design project. The design is an outdoor toy for movement impaired handicapped children and one part of the design is, that depending on direction it is tilted, it should play a sound.

We(the design team) where thinking that it would be cool, if you could change what sounds it would play on a webapplication.

I have seen projects where people have created a internet controlled mp3 player, where the samples played were on an SD card.

What we want is to control the sample with a tiltsensor and have the samples on a cloudstorage. I have not found any projekt working like this though... only streaming of webradios. I dont if tha would work though.

Is this possible with the esp8266?

I hope somebody can help answering my questions and send me in the right direction to solve the problem.
If have not specified enough about the project, please ask and i will try to reply.

Thanks in advance!
By gdsports
#62982 The following ESP8266 radio project says it can also "Can connect to a standalone mp3 file on a server". Perhaps this code can be the basis for your project. I built this project and it works great but I never tried this option.

https://github.com/Edzelf/Esp-radio#esp-radio