So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Sopan
#65291 Hi,
I am currently working with CAMA SM25 finger print sensor. I have managed to use the sensor to its full potential using hardware serial. But when I switched to software serial I was unable to read finger print template data from the sensor nor write any template data to it. I keep getting zeros when I read the serial buffer using software serial. I used my logic analyzer to view the data sent from the sensor and it seems the sensor is sending correct data but the data read by the ESP is only zeros. I have tried with several baud rates 9600, 57600 and 115200. The template data size are 510 bytes. Can you guys tell me what is the problem or suggest me any solutions?
Thank You.
By danbicks
#65306 Hi Would be great to see how you are storing new fingerprint data to the reader and vice versa downloading them from the module, I would be very interested in the functions you are using to achieve this.

I have a sketch somewhere working with software serial controlling my devices based on a combination of different fingers presented. I would be happy to work with you on this.

PM me and we can go from there.

D