So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Mitchell QTT
#66004 What type (brand, make etc) of board do you have, and how do you connect it?
For instance, the Witty cloud device can easily be plugged in rotated 180 degrees, and so can the Wemos D1 mini.

Which part of the board gets hot; the metal square WiFi part? Or the smaller black chips closer to the USB plug? If so, which one, the largest (the USB-Serial convertor), or is it one with 3-4 pins (one of the voltage limiters) ?

What other hardware do you have attached? (I expect: none yet).
Is there a short-circuit between two pins?

By the way. Whatever the problem is, I suggest solving it by purschasing a couple of Wemos D1 mini boards.
By gsmatei
#68511 Hi!

I have the same problem from time to time. The component that it's heating up it's the voltage regulator.
The power supply it's a Chinese usb phone charger, 5v 1A. The NodeMCU it's connected to a temp. sensor, a vibration sensor and a 3.3V relay. I think that while relay it's triggered for longer periods, the heating appears.

How can I fix this?

thx all!
By Mohd Saif
#76127 I had also facing same heating issue when i connect it to arduino ide through usb.
The main heated part is esp8266 chip. pls help... as I am new to dev board programming.