So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By ttirupathi
#66555 Hi, I made a chat device using esp8266 along with IRC chat server software. It is working fine on breadboard. I am able to send msg and receive the message.

Major components of my device are, esp8266-01, atmega328p-pu, 2X16 display, buzzer, and push buttons.

I made PCB and I soldered the components and tested, it is not working, continuous buzzer is coming and starting message is keep coming, It is neither receiving msgs not sending.

After debugging so much, I found that, when I solder the esp8266 on the pcb, or even if I connect it using(by soldering female burg strip) it is the same behavior, not working.

But when I connect the esp8266 module using jumper wires(male to jumper wire from female burg strip and then using female to female jumper wire to connect esp8266-01) it is working fine, similar to on bread board.

What could be the reason? Thank you.
By taikapanu
#66691 How are you powering them up? Do you have them all in the same potential? Are you certain that there are no soldering mistakes? Try to measure using voltage meter if some pins are connected to each other even should not.

I assume as you can get it working on breadboard you have correct pins on correct states for startup?

Can you post a picture of the setup for better understanding (dropbox, skydrive, here..)?
By QuickFix
#66702 Another possible hint: some ESP's need pull-up or -down resistors on its I/O lines; make sure you add them to your final circuit.