So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By MrMU
#66994 Is it possible to control (read/write) GPIO's with nothing else than the ESP01 (with the latest NONOS SDK)?

I can control the GPIO when the ESP01 is connected via a serial port (via USB on my computer). But is it possible to control these GPIO's with nothing else than the ESP01 (no microcontroler) via WIFI?

In the official SDK release note I can't find any word of how to use these GPIO via WIFI commands (AT commands).
I just want to send a command on which the ESP01 sends back a signal if the action was success or failed.

Does this exist or do I need to set up a "homepage" for the server?..
By QuickFix
#67072 You can use AT+SYSGPIOREAD and AT+SYSGPIOWRITE (use AT+SYSGPIODIR to set the direction of the ports) to read and write to GPIO-pins using AT-commands, but whether this works through WiFi, I doubt it.

I'm with atexit8 and don't think using AT-commands is the best way to go (if even possible). :?
By atexit8
QuickFix wrote:You can use AT+SYSGPIOREAD and AT+SYSGPIOWRITE (use AT+SYSGPIODIR to set the direction of the ports) to read and write to GPIO-pins using AT-commands, but whether this works through WiFi, I doubt it.

I'm with atexit8 and don't think using AT-commands is the best way to go (if even possible). :?

It looks like quite a few more AT commands were added.
I had an older version of the AT commands documentation.
https://espressif.com/sites/default/files/documentation/4a-esp8266_at_instruction_set_en.pdf documents v2.1.0 AT commands which is the newest.

It may be worth it to give it a try to see if AT commands to control the GPIO pins work.