So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By QuickFix
#67936 You must be doing something wrong, since the code I showed in my previous answer works flawlessly on my Wemos D1 Mini and should work on all ESP-12 derivatives, since the LED is connected to the same pin on all these boards. :idea:

hary wrote:I tried with different version of Arduino and different machine (Intel Linux and Raspberry Pi).
I also tried different board from the IDE (WeMos D1 R2 & mini, WeMos D1(Retired), Generic ESP8266 Module)

Are you even able to upload any sketch to your board, since I'm under the impression you don't even got that going. :?
By hary
#67940 I can give you some of the uploading returned message :

Code: Select allUploading 226288 bytes from /tmp/arduino_build_86056/sketch_jun27a.ino.bin to flash at 0x00000000
   erasing flash
   size: 0373f0 address: 000000
   first_sector_index: 0
   total_sector_count: 56
   head_sector_count: 16
   adjusted_sector_count: 40
   erase_size: 028000
   espcomm_send_command: sending command header
   espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
   setting timeout 15000
   setting timeout 100
   espcomm_send_command: receiving 2 bytes of data
   writing flash
................................................................................ [ 36% ]
................................................................................ [ 72% ]
.............................................................                    [ 100% ]
starting app without reboot
   espcomm_send_command: sending command header
   espcomm_send_command: sending command payload
   espcomm_send_command: receiving 2 bytes of data
closing bootloader

I must say there is a lot more messages sent and it takes quite a while to my feeling to compile and upload, but I've just did it on a Raspberry pi.

And still no blink !
I'm very stuck with this at the moment. I really need you assistance.
By QuickFix
#67951 What IDE gives you that result (or is it under Linux)?
My output never looks anything like that. :?

This is what I did just now (Arduino IDE v.1.8.2 under Windows x64):
  • I've re-opened the project
  • Changed the pin-number to the predefined constant BUILTIN_LED (to follow the correct and official conventions)
    Code: Select all#define led_pin BUILTIN_LED
    #define led_interval 500

void setup() {
      pinMode(led_pin, OUTPUT);
    }

void loop() {
      digitalWrite(led_pin, HIGH);
      delay(led_interval);
      digitalWrite(led_pin, LOW);
      delay(led_interval);
    }
  • Checked that I selected the correct WeMos board ("Tools" -> "Board" -> "WeMos D1 R2 & mini")
  • Compiled and uploaded the code, the log-windows shows this:
    Code: Select allArchiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\QUICKF~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_923956\core\core_esp8266com_Arduino_d1_CpuFrequency_80,UploadSpeed_921600,FlashSize_4M3M_21655eb80f1d4fdd8e4dada24d8451b9.a
    Sketch uses 238905 bytes (22%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1044464 bytes.
    Global variables use 33028 bytes (40%) of dynamic memory, leaving 48892 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 81920 bytes.
    Uploading 243056 bytes from C:\Users\QUICKF~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_762096/LEDBlinker.ino.bin to flash at 0x00000000
    ................................................................................ [ 33% ]
    ................................................................................ [ 67% ]
    ..............................................................................   [ 100% ]
  • And the blue LED on my board was blinking happily right after