So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By Gereze
#67567 Hello,

I'm looking for some guidance on my first proyect.

If you feel like it, skip the next paragrath to get to the point.
I'm building a tank level meter wich displays the info on a smartphone. Started with an arduino uno, plus a bluetooth module and the MIT ApkInventor for an app. No big deal.
But when I checked the capabilities of the ESP8266 I decided give a try to move the proyect into the ESP. Because it's more compact than the UNO and (to my understanding) WiFi signals are more reliable than bluetooth.
I got myself a Wemos D1 mini, learned about it and the arduino enviroment for the ESP.

Ok, my idea for this is the ESP running a server in which an app can access and collect data of the sensor. BUT it has to run by itself. Hence there will be no router for the module to connect.
Found some code for running something like that. This one for example. But I can't access the server page through my phone and it tends to get disconnected easyly.

Is my approach to this any good? Are there any other examples of this that I could use? Any piece of advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!
By rudy
#67588 I don't see a problem what you want to do. I do wonder about the lack of reliability with your phone connected to the ESP. Do you have this problem when connected to other devices?