So you're a Noob? Post your questions here until you graduate! Don't be shy.

By exerion
#68299 Hello.

I have a simple question about the "transparent mode" (unvarnished).
Once you stablished link with server, is there a way to know when the server closes/shutdown?

It's not stopping the connection in the client side with +++, but when the server shutdowns, the router turns off, etc. there is no way to know this happened or I couldn't find it. In normal mode you get the usual "CLOSED" but in transparent mode the ESP simply trys to reconnect forever. Obviously I ask it to avoid implementing some kind of protocol at user level to detect it, if the ESP already provides this mechanism.

Cheers.
By exerion
#68565 I'm going to rephrase the question...

ESP8266, in transparent (unvarhished) mode. Server closes, shutdowns, an alien invasion destroys the router... How does the ESP know this issue? is it possible? any unexpected response, kind of +IPD, CLOSED?
Yes, we know it keeps trying to reconnect all the time... forever ?! No timeout? no signal?
It's not specified in documentation.
By exerion
#68793 Update:

From AT command refence, it states: " If it is a normal TCP transmission and the TCP connection breaks, ESP8266 will give a prompt and will not attempt to reconnect."
This is for normal mode, what in fact there is no prompt. Just the usual message "CLOSED", etc. and return to command mode, but there is no promt.
For transparent transmission nothing happnes, the ESP8266 keeps trying to reconnect. Tested for more than 20 minutes.